About Jon's Driving Academy, LLC
Born of Necessity – Founded in 2002
"All private driving schools are not created equal.
The State of Wisconsin does not provide curriculum for driver's education classes. Each school must create their own.”
~ Quote from a Competitor and Corporate Franchise.
Have peace of mind knowing that Jon’s Driving Academy, LLC is not a corporate franchise.
Jon’s Driving Academy is a 100% locally owned and operated private driving school that not only has raised the bar, but also has set the highest standards in performance. JDA standards are what all other driving schools strive for, and we are proud to have been doing so since 2002. We could not have done it without like-minded parents and students and we are forever grateful for your commitment to excellence.
It is important to realize that not all students learn the same way. As educators it is our goal to find the key that unlocks our student’s potential and ability to learn and receive the material. Our individualized approach along with engaging classroom activities helps reinforce lessons and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
All of our instructors are proficiency tested and licensed to teach by the State of Wisconsin, and attend continuing education courses on a regular basis in order to maintain the highest standards seen only that Jon’s Driving Academy.
The reasons for our success are:
- The most affordable tuition rates in the tri-county area.
- State certified professional instructors.
- Free temps testing offered in the classroom.
- Free & easy online registration
- Convenient payment options.
- Military Discount on Tuition – Thank you for your Service!
- Multiple (Twins) Student discount
- Convenient 24 hour online behind the wheel lesson scheduling.
- Customer Service second to none.
- Home School (online) friendly.
- Curriculum designed, written and taught by Professional Driver with a record of over ONE MILLION SAFE MILES of driving experience.
- Services provided to Brown, Door and Kewaunee Counties.
- By far, Jon’s Driving Academy exceeds Wisconsin Department of Transportation's’ standards.
About Jon's Driving Academy
Jon’s Driving Academy is a family owned and locally operated driving school with close ties to the local community. JDA’s curriculum was created based on the needs of the communities in which it serves. We feel that we have developed a driver’s education program second to none and in doing so have built strong relationships within the community. Through these relationships, we have earned the trust of students and parents alike.
In creating the curriculum for Jon’s Driving Academy, we called upon the expertise and input of members of State and Local Government Officials, Law Enforcement Professionals, Roadway Engineers, School Bus Drivers, Fire Fighters, Teachers, and Parents. Their input is always respected and utilized wherever and whenever possible. This is what gives our students an edge above the rest.
Below is a brief biography on the founder.
- United States Navy Veteran – Hospital Corpsman (Medical) – Dessert Storm Era
- Letter of Commendation from Commanding Officer – U.S. Navy
- Recognized for good judgment and immediate action in a crisis.
- Proper response in saving the life of another.
- Recognized for “Bringing great honor and credit to the United States Navy and the entire Naval Hospital Corps.” ~ Captain James Palmer, USN
- Valencia College
- Medical Emergency Medical Patient Management
- Valencia College
- Emergency Medical Technician – Ambulance
- Emergency Vehicle Operations – Ambulance
- Vehicle Extrication
- Sun Prairie Diesel Truck Driving School
- Class A License with the following endorsements:
- Air Brakes
- Hazardous Materials
- Doubles & Triples
- Former Instructor – Excel Driving Centers – Green Bay, WI
- Former Instructor – AABC Driving School – Green Bay, WI
- NWTC - Police Science & Medical courses
- Dean’s List – Ashford University
- Seeking a BA in Applied Behavioral Science – Psychology Major
- Defensive Driving Course – National Safety Council
- Former Wisconsin State Senate candidate (2010) – District 1
- Member of “Expedition ’94 to the Edmund Fitzgerald” – 1994
- Media spokesperson for Expedition ’94 to the Edmund Fitzgerald.
- Declared by Frederick J. Shannon – Underwater researcher & Expedition Leader.
- Lecturer, presenter, and legacy holder of Expedition ’94 discoveries and findings.
- Memberships in:
- Wisconsin Professional Driving School Association (WPDSA).
- SALUTE Honor Society
- Writers Guild of America
- National Rifle Association
- American Legion
- Bellevue Business & Professional Association
- Financial Supporter of the following:
- Brown County Sheriff’s Benevolent Association.
- Green Bay Fraternal Order of Police.
- Wisconsin Trooper’s Association.
- Green Bay area public school’s extra-curricular, athletic, music & arts programs, clubs and other organizations.